Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tale of interviews: The last rejection

Nvidia too has rejected me now. Before the interview I had searched the web for their usual questions and found them to be easy. But the interviewer seemed to have his own method. He asked questions on one of my projects and tried to probe deeper into the area of computer architecture to gauge my knowledge. On seeing that everything was hollow in there he threw me an easy question:
Given 4 registers A,B,C and D write to B in such a way that the bits in C that correspond to 1's in A are copied to B and bits in D that correspond to 0's in A are copied in linear time.

He also asked me something about mutex and semaphores....... blah blah. But I still wonder why they took 10 days to make a decision about me. And yah the interview was for a software intern in device drivers development for their mobile team.

0 comments: